2015年7月1日星期三

My First Morning Walk in New Haven

     In the first morning in Yale I woke up very early because of the jet lag, I felt a little excited. After washing, I took my camera and went for my first morning walk with my roommate Cherry.
     
  I like using my camera to record anything new,interesting,novel and funny.Walking out of our apartment, I asked Cherry to take a picture for me in front of the gate for memory.


      While walking along the Dwight Street,Chapel Street, Whalley Avenue and Tower Parkway, we saw some beautiful houses with different styles, colors and nice gardens, several restaurants of different cuisines and some magnificent tall buildings with western traditional doors and windows,such as Ray Tompkins House, Payne Whitney Gym and office buildings or teaching buildings of some colleges. Although Cherry told me that the buildings are not as old as they look like, their color makes me feel they are historical and splendid,especially in the morning sunshine. From the guide book I know Payne Whitney Gym is the biggest gym in New Haven,which is equipped with various facilities.Someday I will go there to do some exercises. But for Ray Tompkins House, I am curious about what it’s built for, who is living there. I tried to search for the answers on the internet, but failed.












     We came across an amazing thing this morning:  we even saw two little raccoons (They look like raccoons,I am not sure,  because I've never seen this kind of animal and just knew about them on books) walking on the sidewalk in front of a house .They were very cute.They gave us an glance with their lovely big eyes and then slipped into the bushes beside the house.  They moved so fast that I even had no time to take out my camera to shoot a picture for them.It's a pity!

    That is what I've seen and experienced during my first morning walk. I'm sure I can record more wonderful things in the following weeks, with my participating into colorful Yale campus activities.



2 条评论:

  1. What a wonderful sense of adventure you have and your proclivity to take photos is a perfect match for blogging. It is a pity you didn't get a photo of those racoons but they are indeed fast, especially after the sun comes up. I hope your stay here brings you many adventures, and we shall do the best we can to help that along.

    回复删除